Check out my E.P L.Vijalanti

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A NEW YORK SPIN ON UK GRIME


This is one of my latest Grime tracks... For those of you who don't know, "Grime" is a musical style, originating in the UK with roots in UK Garage, Hip Hop, Jungle and Dancehall. Being Pioneered by the likes of Heartless crew, So Solid Crew, Roll Deep and Dizzy Rascal, Grime has emerged as something of the voice of the disenfranchised, UK youth culture. Possibly one of the first to bring this style to New York, I'm not really trying to promote it or create a sub-genre of New York grime. I just think this is what a lot of my music naturally sounds like, being that I was heavily influenced by UK music during my years living out there. What makes my music unique is that I reflect on life experiences in New York and have heavy rap and Dubstep influences fused into the style of grime I produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment